Monday 2 July 2012

Finally got my luggage!!!!

After my suitcases decided they wanted to see more of Amsterdam and didn't make it on the flight to Lusaka (Zambias captial) with me I was told that they would arrive at 8.15am this morning. So me, Moses and Angela went back to Ndola (from Kitwe where i'm staying it's an hours drive each way) to find that they hadn't arrived on that flight either!!!!!!!!!! So we tried speaking to someone and they couldnt tell us anything, neither could the next person or the next until finally someone rang up Lusaka airport and found that my bags were there and would leave on the next flight. Hmmm.

So instead of wasting fours hours waiting for these bags we went to the international trade fair in Ndola where loadddssss of people were selling things at different stalls and shops, they came from all sorts of different countries.
Some pics:

 Angelas beautiful dress that I want a copy of made for me!




Then went back to the airport and (YAYYY!) my bags arrived! So after four days in the same clothes I think everyone was grateful about that.

2 comments:

  1. david9:53 am

    Hi Sammy, It's david and Dylan here just saying hello from our holiday base in Madrid. We've been following your blog and have enjoyed the updates - internet access is better now you are staying with Angela. Please say hi to her and Moses and everyone, and let them know I still hope to come out there later in the year.
    Everything is fine here - though very hot in the Spanish capital. I have organised some new MAC t shirts which your mum will be carrying over to Zambia and hope you can get some good pictures of the children wearing them.
    Must go for breakfast now - take care and all the best,
    David and Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammy!

    Glad to hear that you arrived safely. It sounds like you had a pretty eventful journey though! I hope everything is going well. I've put a link on our class blog so hopefully some of the children will visit and say hello over the summer holidays.

    Take care,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete